Monday, February 26, 2018

Johannes S. H. Bjerg - Three Poems

1.

first thing after making coffee
and rolling a cigarette is
letting my eyes rest on the clock
on the tower across the street
that has stopped at 10 to 8
(the clock not the street
which as such doesn't stop
as it flows into several other streets
that flow into several other streets
that flow into several other streets
that flow into several other streets
and so on till they reach Germany
or drop into to the ocean or
get carried across to Sweden
or Norway or to where ever
ships sail these days)

(- I heard they cancelled the ferries to England.
- Really? Why?
- It's the times. People fly.
- Do they? How do they do that?
- They've got wings, I think
- Must be a new thing. I don't have wings.
- Nor me. We're too old.
- Must be it.
- And to poor.
- Definitely.)


 ***
2.

for a while I watch
a standstill of time
and that expression alone
is enough till someone
talks about bumblebees
on the radio and I'm lost

that's how you break
concentration
on
now
t

 ***
3.

but at least
I can say
I have thought
about time
while watching
it stand
still


so far so good, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment